1. We treasure the contributions our fmr Premier made to our country; & our hearts go out to the Prentice family.
2. It was an honour to be selected to represent all AB MLA’s in laying this Remembrance Day Wreath at the Leg-.
3. I salute amazing AB’s Marty, Tammy, & all on the Paralympic Team--you made our entire Nation proud! J
4. Thanks to all for your support in my first session as PC House Leader: it is a rare opportunity I take seriously.
5. & 6. At the NW Refinery, in the Legislature, & beyond, I am proud to stand up for AB’s Oil & Gas Industry.
7. As PC Advocate for Adv’d Ed, Indigenous Rel’s, & Wellness, I truly enjoy meeting with all of our stakeholders.
- Thanks to all Calgary-Lougheed residents who attended our Oct 25 “Alberta Issues” Roundtable. I was pleased to bring your thoughtful opinions forward to the NDP gov’t; I just wish they would listen to more of them! Note: I have always been honoured to represent you as the MLA for Calgary-Lougheed; & hope I am doing so in a way that you would approve of. Please visit daverodney.ca to view my most recent speeches in the Legislature: Remembrance Day, Bill 28 (Public Health Amendment Act); AB’s Agencies, Boards, & Commissions…& much more. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
- Our PC Caucus remains focused on holding the NDP accountable for their harmful policy decisions. Our PC team is providing a thoughtful, common-sense alternative. The NDP has saddled future generations with crippling debt payments, while driving jobs & investment out of AB--at an unprecedented rate. We have repeatedly called for a practical approach to spending, climate change, & job creation; but instead, we are facing an $11 billion budget deficit, a $3 billion per year carbon tax, & job losses topping 100,000…just for starters.
- During this legislative session, I have been proud that our PC team continues to voice a rational, real-life perspective on proposed NDP legislation. We strongly urged the gov’t to drop their attack on AB power companies with their lawsuit against Power Purchase Arrangements--& AB’s; provided alternatives to support investment in AB by private industry; & keep energy prices low. Let’s hope the gov’t delivers this.
- The Premier & the NDP are intent on implementing their Climate Leadership Plan, including a cap on oil sands emissions & a 30% renewable electricity target; but sadly, their legislation contains precious little detail on how they plan to implement these policies. Furthermore, they give sweeping powers to the Minister & Cabinet to fill in the blanks--later-- behind closed doors. This is not the transparency & accountability that the NDP promised AB’s; & we believe that the details need to be debated openly. Our PC caucus will continue to pushing the gov’t to be honest with AB’s about their plans for this transformative change in the way we develop our resources & supply reliable electricity.